Today I am sharing a quick and easy recipe I prepared as part of a Teddy Bear Picnic lunch & playdate we hosted. I tried to serve kid friendly foods, but I will be honest and say that this was made mostly for the mom’s to enjoy. The kids liked the apples, but I don’t think any of them appreciated the creamy, caramel goodness like us adults did!
- 1 package of creamcheese (8 oz), room temperature
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Caramel ice cream topping/syrup
- Toffee bit chips (Skor or Heath brand)
- Mini chocolate or peanut butter chips
- 6 apples
- Place softened cream cheese in stand mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add in icing sugar, cream and vanilla extract. Mix again until smooth.
- Place 1/2 of cream cheese mixture in a small serving bowl.
- Pour a thin layer of the caramel syrup over the cream cheese and sprinkle generously with a combination of the toffee and peanut butter or chocolate chips.
- Carefully layer the other half of the creamcheese mixture into the bowl and spread to edges.
- Pour a second layer of caramel syrup over the creamcheese and finish with another sprinkling of the baking chips.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour for flavors to combine.
- Serve with sliced apples – I used granny smith.