It isn’t much of a secret that I love all things Mickey. I first saw these Mickey Christmas balls in the Christmas Store at Downtown Disney on our honeymoon and instantly fell in love. They were a bit pricy, breakable and I was short on suitcase space so I didn’t end up buying any at the time. Since then I have found tutorials online how to DIY and have been meaning to make them for the past several years, but never gotten around to it. This year I finally bought the supplies (Dollar store, of course!) and they were way easier to make then I could have ever imagined. I can’t wait to see them hanging on our tiny 4 foot Christmas tree!
- Plastic Christmas Balls (2 small “ears” and 1 large “head” for each ornament)
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Permanent marker
- Hot glue gun
- Bows, if making Minnie ornaments
1. Using a sharp knife, begin by cutting the ornament hanging ends off each of the smaller balls. This will allow your ears to sit flat onto the “heads”.
2. Using a permanent marker, mark out two small spots equal distance from the hanging part of each large “head” ball. My balls had a line running along the middle that I drew mine along so everything was nice and even.
4. Run a bead of hot glue around where you trimmed off the pieces on the “ear” balls. Stick onto the “head” where you have marked out each of the spots with the marker and hold until glue has adhered.
5. If making a Minnie ornament, hot glue a small bow between the ears.
5. Hang and Enjoy!
I think the ones you buy at the Disney Store are glass and slightly nicer, but for the price and the very small amount of effort required I am very happy with how these turned out!
15 thoughts on “We’ve Got Ears!! Mickey Christmas Balls”
So cute! What a great idea!
LikeLiked by 1 person
These turned out amazing !
so much talent and fun!!!
You do realize if Disney see these they could sue you. You wouldn’t be the first one they sued. I’m just saying it’s a possibility. They sell these at Disneyland and they would say you are taking revenue from the,.