I thought I had signed up to bring a sweet treat for my son’s Kindergarten class Halloween party. I was all geared up to bring individual servings of spooky worms and dirt, until I decided to actually double check the sign-up sheet. Sure enough, there was my name, in my own writing, next to the “juice”.
I am not sure what I was thinking the day I signed up, as I’d much rather try my hand at making a fun baked treat then bring in juice boxes. Juice boxes aren’t inherently exciting, so I knew I gave myself the challenge of coming up with a fun way to make them Halloween themed.
I had my son help me look on Pinterest and amongst the mummy wrapped and jack-o-lantern themed juice boxes, he zoned in on this cute Candy Corn inspired versions by Meaningful Mama.
I wasn’t keen on the idea of cutting paper strips and gluing them all on to 27 juice boxes, so it was a happy realization that Duck Brand tape* comes in the 3 colors I needed. The tape strip sizes worked well and I loved that how easy it was to stick around all sides of the boxes.
To make your own candy corn inspired juice boxes, you will need:
- Juice boxes
- 1 roll each of white, orange and yellow Duck Tape
- Hot Glue
- Googly eyes
- Black Permanent marker
- Remove the straws off the juice boxes and set aside.
- Put a strip of white Duck Tape around the top of your juice box.
- Put a strip of yellow Duck Tape along the bottom edge of the box.
- Add a strip of orange Duck tape to the center of the box – overlapping the white and yellow strips.
- Using your hot glue gun, glue two eyes to the front of your box and tack a straw back on to the back of the box.
- Finish by drawing a smile on under the eyes with the black permanent marker.
For more great Duck Tape crafts and ideas be sure to check out the Duck Brand website. Their product line includes many great colors and character printed rolls, including a fun Disney Princess themed tape roll that I am currently eyeing up for a DIY Christmas gift for my daughter!
* The opinions expressed in this post are my own. I have not received compensation for this review.
2 thoughts on “Candy Corn Juice Boxes using Duck Tape”
Visiting from the #PartyGalsLinky – thanks so much for sharing this fun idea!