Thursday nights are curling nights for my husband. He alternates weekly between the early and late draw and, on the early nights, I need to have dinner cooked and ready for him to eat and head right back out the door. 5:00 always seems to be when my kids are at their absolute worst so I need quick, easy recipes that require very little watching. Bonus if it is something I can prep while the baby naps and then just throw it into the oven!
I discovered this recipe one night when I had no idea what to make for dinner. After staring into the pantry for inspiration, I eventually pulled a box of Stove Top stuffing down from the shelves and was happy to discover a recipe on the back of the box with ingredients I already had in the house. It came together so quickly (prep time is 10 minutes) and was a lot tastier then I expected. I think it is one of the easiest things I make and is my go to when I am feeling particularly lazy and don’t want to cook.
- 1 can (540mL) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package Stove Top Stuffing Mix (I use the lower sodium version)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Combine tomatoes, stuffing mix and garlic in bowl and mix together.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized cubes and layer in the bottom of an oven safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with dried basil and shredded cheese.
- Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with steamed veggies and enjoy!